We all love a day out at a shopping centre (except those of us who don’t!). They have everything: retail, food, entertainment, a Costa around every corner. However, with their large spaces and high ceilings, shopping centres are notoriously difficult to heat, meaning visitors are in a constant state of not knowing whether they should bring a jacket. Some shopping centres have been known to turn on their conventional heaters hours before opening times to ensure a satisfactory temperature for customers. With the constant flow of people, this leads to an extremely high amount of wasted energy and money.
A great heating solution in this case is infrared heating! As a system that heats objects, surfaces, and people rather than the air, it is unaffected by the flow of customers or the large spaces. Heaters can be mounted on walls and ceilings and are maintenance free, meaning less labour for staff. With their sleek and stylish appearance, our infrared panels are suited to any décor, and our range of linear heaters are subtle for that non-disruptive appearance. With infrared heating, customers can stay comfortable throughout their day of retail therapy and debating where to go for lunch.
Benefits of using infrared heating in shopping centres
- Heaters can be turned off and on as needed, meaning energy and money is not wasted when certain areas of the centre are unoccupied.
- Easy to install and maintenance free.
- Unlike traditional heating that creates stuffy and unpleasant conditions, infrared heaters produce a fresh, comfortable space for customers.
- The installation of heaters in separate areas of the shopping centres means that heating can be suited to a variety of needs within the building.
- Sleek and modern appearance.
- Ability to print images onto panels, so that your artwork and heating become one.
- Our range of mirror panels are the perfect solution to bathroom heating. With the high quantity of public bathrooms within these spaces, mirrored panels are attractive, inexpensive and do not steam up with humidity or a high capacity of people within busy bathrooms.
- Infrared heating can cut down heating bills by up to 80%, meaning shopping centres can put their funding towards more exciting things – like adding a Nandos to the food court!
- Infrared heating is much more energy efficient and less harmful to the environment than traditional heating methods.
A Safe Choice