With huge quantities of people passing through train and bus stations each day, the requirement to heat them is not typically considered essential. Most people remain at train and bus stations for temporary amounts of time in waiting, and many do so outside. With significant portions of these spaces being exposed to the outdoors, heating stations seems like a fruitless task. However, lots of rooms and areas of many train and bus stations need to be heated, and these rooms (and the staff within them) are vital to the sufficient working of the station as a whole, so a comfortable work environment is needed. In addition to this, many sections within most large train and bus stations are indoors, alongside cafés and shops, meaning that those who do spend an extended amount of time in the station may be more likely to spend money and enjoys themselves if they are waiting in comfort.
With the constant flow of travellers, traditional heaters struggle to keep stations warm for long periods, due to the escaping air through open doors and train tracks. The high ceilings and large exposed spaces often found in these stations further this problem. However, with infrared heating, stations can be heated sufficiently despite the vast volumes of exposed air. As infrared systems heat the objects and people within instead, spaces can be much more easily heated for long periods. There are various options to heat stations without taking up much space, such as linear bar heaters, infrared heating panels and underfloor heating. Whichever is used, there are numerous benefits to using infrared heating.
Benefits of infrared heating in stations
- Easy to install and maintenance free – so less labour for staff!
- Our heaters are weatherproof, meaning any wind or rain that enters through the exposed space will not affect the heating systems.
- Heaters can be turned off and on as needed, meaning unused areas of the space are not wasting energy and money.
- Infrared heating produces much cheaper gas bills than traditional heating, so transport organisations can further fund the development of the station and vehicles instead.
- Our systems heat up instantly, meaning no passengers will be required to wait in the chill.
- Infrared heating is eco-friendly and energy-efficient.
A Safe Choice