More and more people are beginning to use infrared heaters in their homes and offices, but some people are still questioning whether or not they really are any better than your average unit heater. Because it is a newer technology, some people are skeptical about how well they actually work. However, anyone who has one will tell you just how useful they can be. Here are five reasons why infrared heating is better than unit heaters.
- They are cost effective. Due to the unique nature of infrared heating, there are a lot of different aspects that go into making less expensive to run than unit heaters. Infrared heaters are designed to heat a specific area rather than an entire room, so you don’t have to run them as often or for as long. Another important point to note is that it uses a different method of heating. So, instead of having to wait for the heater to warm up, you’ll feel the heat warming you up almost immediately. This also allows for the infrared heater to be on less because it doesn’t take as long to get warm.
- They are better for you. Infrared heating uses precise rays of light to warm you, so they aren’t affecting the environment you’re in at all. Normal heaters can dry out the air and change the oxygen content, which can have negative side effects on your body that are better to avoid. You’re basically getting heat like the sun without the harmful UV rays.
- They are easy to maintain. Unlike normal heaters that have motors, fans, and other moving parts, infrared heaters use reflectors to radiate heat, so it is less likely to have any issues with the machinery. Motors and fans can break easily and require a lot of repairs. Whereas infrared heaters usually just need to be cleaned to keep your heater in the best shape.
- They are quiet. Infrared heaters are great to have in offices or bedrooms because they are very quiet. They don’t have a motor running or a fan spinning, so they can heat you up without becoming a distraction. This is especially good when you are trying to get some sleep or making calls for your job.
- They are better looking. Although some people may not care as much about this, infrared heaters are generally less bulky and more stylish, so they aren’t the focus of attention when entering a room. There are many different options out there, so you can find one that matches the décor of your home rather than having it be the first thing someone sees when they walk in.
While these are some of the biggest reasons why infrared heating is better the traditional heating, there many other factors that also make it more appealing to a lot of people. There are many different options to explore, so there is something out there for everyone.