Infrared Heaters for Every Space
Energy efficient with low long-term costs, infrared heating is the future. We have the most extensive range in the UK for every home, office or outdoor space. Discover the infrared heater and enter a world of high-performance to provide powerful warmth throughout your day-to-day.
Visit our WALK-IN SHOWROOM today.
Experience the warm, soothing rays of gentle infrared heat soaking in. It’s the closest feeling to being in the sun!
A Safe Choice
Infrared Heating Product Range
How Do Infrared Heaters Work?Deepening our exploration, we focus on how infrared heaters work by emitting infrared radiation, which directly heats objects and people in a room, rather than heating the air. This method of heat distribution offers several advantages over traditional heating systems like patio heaters or the typical bathroom heaters, offering a level of versatility appreciated by many customers. Among the key benefits of using infrared heaters is their cost efficiency. These heaters consume less energy compared to other heating systems, resulting in lower energy bills. Since infrared radiation heats objects and people directly, there is minimal heat loss through ventilation or drafts, leading to even greater energy savings. Furthermore, the heat distribution provided by infrared heaters is more uniform and consistent. Unlike forced air systems that may create hot and cold spots, infrared radiation evenly distributes heat throughout the room. This ensures a comfortable and cosy environment for everyone in the space.
Advantages of Infrared HeatingAs we further explore the benefits of infrared heating using, let’s now examine the advantages it offers over traditional heating systems.
- Energy Savings: Infrared heating is highly efficient, converting nearly 100% of the energy it consumes into heat. Unlike traditional heating systems that lose heat through ductwork or pipes, infrared heaters directly warm objects and people in the room. This targeted heating approach reduces energy wastage and leads to significant energy savings.
- Health Benefits: Infrared heating promotes better indoor air quality by not circulating dust or allergens like traditional heating systems. Additionally, the gentle heat provided by infrared heating panels, for example, helps to alleviate symptoms of asthma or respiratory conditions. The absence of forced air also means no dryness or discomfort caused by air movement.
- Zone Heating: Infrared heaters allow for zone heating, where you can heat specific areas of your home instead of the entire space. This flexibility enables you to save energy and money by only heating the rooms that are in use, rather than wasting energy on unoccupied areas.
Energy Efficiency of Infrared HeatersIn terms of energy efficiency, infrared heaters excel by converting nearly 100% of the energy they consume into heat. This means that very little energy is wasted, resulting in significant energy savings for you. Compared to traditional heating systems, infrared heaters are a cost-effective solution that can help reduce your carbon footprint and lower your energy bills. To give you an idea of the energy efficiency of infrared heaters, which is a significant product feature our customers love, here is a table comparing their energy consumption to other common heating methods: Heating Method Energy Efficiency (%)
|Infrared Panel Heaters
|Gas Central Heating
|Oil Central Heating
|Wood Burning Stoves
Cost Savings With Infrared HeatingCompared to traditional heating methods, the cost savings with infrared heating are substantial due to their exceptional energy efficiency. Some companies even offer a warranty on these heating panels due to their durability and cost-effectiveness. Here are three reasons why infrared heating provides significant cost savings:
- Energy Savings: Infrared heaters are designed to emit heat directly to objects and people in a room, rather than heating the air. This targeted heating approach reduces energy waste by avoiding unnecessary heating of empty spaces. As a result, you can experience energy savings of up to 50% compared to conventional heating methods.
- Heating Efficiency: Infrared heaters have an efficiency rating of nearly 100%. They convert almost all the energy they consume into heat, minimising energy loss. This high heating efficiency ensures that you get the most out of every unit of energy you use, translating into cost savings on your energy bills.
- Return on Investment: While the initial cost of installing infrared heaters may be higher than traditional heating systems, the long-term cost savings quickly outweigh the upfront investment. With reduced energy consumption and lower maintenance costs, you can expect a significant return on investment over time.
Stylish and Sleek Design of Infrared HeatersThe stylish and sleek design of infrared heat units enhances the aesthetic appeal of any space while providing efficient heating. These modern and trendy home decor pieces not only serve as functional heating solutions but also add a touch of elegance to your living environment. Infrared heaters are designed to be space-saving, making them perfect for both small and large spaces. Their slim and compact design allows for seamless installation on walls or ceilings, maximising the use of available space. Not only that, these devices also offer customisable options to suit your personal style and preferences. Whether you prefer a minimalist look or a bold statement piece, infrared panels (for example) come in a variety of colours, finishes, and sizes to complement any interior design. You can choose from sleek white panels that blend seamlessly with your walls, or opt for bold and vibrant panels that make a statement in your space. The possibilities are endless. With their modern aesthetics and seamless installation, infrared heaters not only provide efficient heating but also elevate the overall ambiance of your home. So why settle for traditional heaters when you can have a stylish and efficient heating solution that enhances your space and creates a sense of belonging? Upgrade to modern infrared heaters and experience the perfect blend of functionality and design.
|Trendy Home Decor
|Space Saving Design
Versatility of Infrared HeatersInfrared heaters offer a wide range of versatile heating options for various spaces and purposes. Whether you need to warm up your home, office, or outdoor area like a patio, these heaters can provide efficient and effective heating solutions. Here are some key aspects that showcase the versatility of infrared heaters:
- Applications of infrared heaters: These heaters can be used in a variety of settings, including residential, commercial, and industrial spaces. They are suitable for heating rooms, garages, warehouses, patios, workshops and even bathrooms. Their flexibility allows for easy installation and use in different environments.
- Environmental benefits of infrared heating: Infrared heaters operate by emitting radiant heat, which directly warms objects and people in the room. This method is energy-efficient, as it reduces heat loss through air circulation. Additionally, they do not produce any harmful emissions or require the use of fossil fuels, making them a sustainable heating option.
- Health benefits of using infrared heaters: Infrared heating has been known to provide various health benefits. The radiant heat emitted by these heaters can help improve blood circulation, relieve muscle and joint pain, and even alleviate respiratory issues. They create a comfortable and cosy environment without drying out the air, unlike traditional heating methods.
Infrared Heating for HomesWhen considering heating options for your home, it’s important to explore the advantages of incorporating infrared technology. Infrared heating offers numerous benefits that can enhance both the comfort levels and the overall well-being of your household. One of the key advantages of infrared heating is its health benefits. Unlike traditional heating methods, which rely on convection to warm the air, infrared heating directly heats objects and surfaces in the room. This gentle heat can help to alleviate symptoms of conditions such as asthma and allergies, as it doesn’t circulate dust or allergens in the air. Another aspect to consider is the eco-friendly nature of infrared heating taking into account many favorable reviews. These heaters operate using electricity, which is a clean and sustainable energy source. Infrared heating, easily adaptable for any property including bed and breakfasts or restaurants, doesn’t produce any harmful emissions, making it a greener alternative to fossil-fuel-based heating systems. Installation considerations for infrared heaters are also important. They are typically easy to install and can be mounted on walls or even integrated into ceilings. In the context of your bedroom, it’s crucial to ensure proper placement and spacing to achieve optimal heating efficiency. Also, the DIY installation feature adds a layer of convenience. When comparing infrared heating to traditional methods, infrared heaters offer more efficient and cost-effective heating. They heat up quickly, providing instant warmth, and allow for targeted heating in specific areas. This can lead to energy savings and lower utility bills. Imagine sitting on your terrace, insulated from chilly draughts by your infrared heater. Lastly, infrared heating enhances comfort levels in your home. The radiant heat emitted warms objects and surfaces, creating a cosy and comfortable environment. This type of heat is gentle and consistent, eliminating cold spots and drafts. Consider incorporating infrared heating technology in your office space for efficient and comfortable warmth. Infrared heating offers several benefits that make it an ideal choice for modern, environmentally-conscious offices. Here are three reasons why infrared heating is a smart solution for your office:
Infrared Heating for OfficesIn addition to these benefits, infrared heating also offers health advantages, such as improved air quality and reduced moisture levels, making it a healthier choice for your office. Furthermore, it is an eco-friendly heating solution as it does not emit harmful gases or require the use of fossil fuels. By incorporating infrared heating in your office, you can enjoy efficient, comfortable, and environmentally friendly warmth all year round.
- Energy saving features: Infrared heaters are designed to be highly energy efficient, consuming less electricity compared to traditional heating systems. They convert almost all the energy they use into heat, ensuring minimal energy wastage and reduced utility bills.
- Comfortable and even heat distribution: Infrared heating emits radiant heat that warms objects in the room, including walls, furniture, and people. This results in a more even distribution of heat throughout the space, eliminating cold spots and creating a comfortable working environment for everyone.
- Customisable heating zones: Infrared heaters can be installed in specific areas of your office, allowing you to create customisable heating zones. This means you can adjust the temperature in different areas according to the preferences and needs of your employees, maximising comfort and productivity.
Infrared Heating for Commercial SpacesOne of the key benefits of infrared heating in commercial spaces is its high heating efficiency. Unlike traditional heating systems that heat the air, infrared heaters directly heat objects and people in the room, thereby countering cold draughts. This targeted heating method reduces energy wastage and ensures that the occupants feel warm and comfortable. In addition to its heating efficiency, infrared heating also offers significant energy savings. By heating objects and people directly, infrared panel heaters eliminate the need to constantly heat and reheat the air in the space. This not only reduces energy consumption but also leads to lower heating costs, making it a cost-effective heating solution for commercial spaces. Furthermore, infrared heaters offer a variety of design options, allowing commercial spaces to incorporate them seamlessly into their existing decor. They can be installed as ceiling-mounted or wall-mounted units, providing flexibility in placement and maximising space utilisation. To enhance the efficiency and functionality of infrared heaters, the incorporation of thermostats is essential. Thermostats enable precise control over the heating system, leading to further energy savings and enhancing the comfort of the property. These controls enable precise temperature control, helping to maintain a comfortable environment while minimising energy consumption. They also make it easy to adjust the temperature based on room size and further additions, such as large furniture or mirrors. Here are three key features of thermostatic controls for your infrared heater:
Thermostatic Controls for Infrared HeatersWith thermostatic controls, infrared heaters provide efficient heating solutions with customisable temperature settings, reduced energy consumption, and user-friendly operation. These elements provide excellent control over your exact heating needs.
- User-Friendly Interface: Thermostatic controls are designed with a user-friendly interface, making it easy for anyone to operate the heater. With clear and intuitive buttons or touchscreens, users can easily adjust the temperature to their desired level.
- Programmable Settings: Thermostatic controls offer programmable settings, allowing users to schedule temperature changes throughout the day. This feature is particularly useful for commercial spaces where heating requirements may vary based on occupancy or activity levels. By programming the settings in advance, energy can be saved during periods of low demand.
- Remote Control: Many thermostatic controls for infrared heaters come with a remote control feature. This allows users to conveniently adjust the temperature without needing to be physically near the heater. Whether you’re across the room or in a different area of the building, you can easily control the temperature with just a push of a button.
Portable Infrared HeatersIn terms of heating efficiency, portable infrared heaters excel. They use advanced technology to convert electricity into infrared heat, which is then radiated into the room. This method ensures that heat is evenly distributed, effectively warming up the room size without wasting energy. Additionally, these heaters often come with thermostatic controls, allowing you to set your desired temperature and maintain it throughout the day. Safety features are a priority in portable infrared heaters. Many models have overheat protection, which automatically shuts off the heater if it exceeds a certain temperature. This ensures that the unit doesn’t become a fire hazard. Some heaters also have tip-over protection, which turns off the heater if it is accidentally knocked over. These features also include soft-touch controls for ease of use, quality customer service, and seamless processes for delivery returns if required. The space-saving design of portable infrared heaters is another advantage. They can be mounted on walls or placed on stands, taking up minimal floor space. This is especially beneficial for small rooms or areas with limited space. And if you’ve got a mirror in the room, these heater panels won’t interfere or obstruct your view. In terms of eco-friendliness, portable infrared heaters are a great choice. They emit zero emissions and do not consume any fossil fuels, making them environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional heating methods. If you are looking to efficiently heat your entire house, consider the benefits of utilising infrared technology. Infrared panel heaters offer a range of advantages that make them an excellent choice for whole-house heating, regardless of the buildings’ size or construction.
Heating Your Whole House With InfraredOne of the key benefits of infrared technology is energy savings. It’s an invaluable ingredient in creating a sustainable and cost-efficient heating solution. Unlike traditional heating systems that heat the air, infrared heaters transfer heat directly to objects and people in the room. This targeted heating approach ensures that no energy is wasted heating unused areas, resulting in significant energy savings. In addition to energy savings, infrared heaters provide comfortable warmth. The infrared rays emitted by these heaters penetrate the skin and create a soothing heat that feels similar to the warmth of the sun. This gentle and even heat distribution eliminates cold spots and creates a cozy environment throughout your entire house. Moreover, infrared heaters are eco-friendly heating solutions. They do not produce any harmful emissions or use any fossil fuels, making them a sustainable choice for your home. By opting for infrared heating, you contribute to reducing your carbon footprint and promoting a cleaner environment. Another advantage of using infrared heaters for whole-house heating is the ability to implement zone heating. With zone heating, you can divide your house into different zones and control the temperature independently in each area. This allows you to customize your heating preferences and save energy by only heating the rooms that are in use. Lastly, infrared technology has health benefits. The deep heat penetration can help improve blood circulation, relieve muscle pain, and reduce inflammation. It can also help alleviate symptoms of respiratory conditions by reducing airborne allergens and maintaining a consistent humidity level.
Replacing a Gas Boiler With Infrared HeatingTo replace a gas boiler with infrared heating, you will need to make necessary adjustments to your heating system. This retrofitting process involves several steps and considerations to ensure a smooth transition. Here are the key points to keep in mind:
- Assess your heating needs: Determine the size and layout of your space to identify the number and placement of infrared heaters required. Consider factors such as insulation levels, ceiling height, and room usage to optimize heating efficiency.
- Remove the gas boiler: Disconnect and remove the gas boiler from your heating system. This step will require professional assistance to ensure safety and compliance with regulations.
- Install infrared panel heaters: Mount the infrared heaters on the walls or ceilings of your rooms. Connect them to the electrical system and ensure proper wiring and grounding for safe operation.
Easy Installation of Infrared HeatersInstalling infrared heating is a straightforward process that can be easily completed with basic tools and electrical knowledge. The quick installation and hassle-free setup of these panels make them a DIY-friendly option for homeowners. With convenient mounting options available, you have the flexibility to choose the most suitable method for your space. To begin the installation, ensure that you have all the necessary tools and equipment, such as a drill, screws, and a level. Start by marking the desired locations for mounting the panels on the wall or ceiling. Use a level to ensure that the panels are straight and aligned properly. Next, attach the mounting brackets securely to the marked locations. The brackets provide a sturdy base for the panels. Once the brackets are in place, simply slide the panels onto them and make sure they are securely attached. The effortless panel integration is another advantage of infrared heaters. They can easily be connected to the electrical circuit of your home. However, it is important to consult a professional electrician if you’re unsure about the electrical wiring process. With the easy installation of infrared heaters, you can enjoy the benefits of efficient and comfortable heating in no time. So, why wait? Upgrade your home heating system with these DIY-friendly and convenient infrared heating.
Cheapest Electric Heating OptionAfter successfully installing your infrared heaters, you can now explore the cheapest electric heating option available. Here are three energy-saving and affordable home heating methods to consider:
- Energy-saving tips: Implementing simple measures can significantly reduce your heating costs. Proper insulation, sealing drafts, and using curtains or blinds to retain heat can help keep your home warm without relying solely on electric heating.
- Eco-friendly heating options: Consider using renewable energy sources such as solar power or geothermal heating systems. These options may require an initial investment but can provide long-term savings and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Heating alternatives for small spaces: If you have a small living space, portable electric heaters or electric blankets can be cost-effective options. These devices provide targeted heating, allowing you to heat only the areas you need, saving energy and money.
Understanding Radiant Heat TransferUnderstanding radiant heat transfer is essential for maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of your infrared panel heaters. In order to fully comprehend this concept, it is important to understand the science behind infrared heating and how it differs from convection heat. Radiant heat transfer occurs when heat is transferred through electromagnetic waves, specifically in the infrared wavelengths. Unlike convection heat, which relies on heated air circulating to warm a space, radiant heat directly warms objects and people in its path. This results in a more efficient heating process as it eliminates the need to heat the entire room.
Choosing the Right Temperature for Infrared HeatersTo ensure optimal performance and energy efficiency, it is crucial to select the appropriate temperature setting for your infrared heaters. Temperature control plays a vital role in achieving the desired comfort levels while minimising energy consumption. Consider the following factors when choosing the right temperature for your infrared heaters:
- Optimal Settings: Each infrared heater comes with a recommended temperature range. It is essential to refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines to determine the ideal settings for your specific model. This ensures that the heater operates efficiently and provides maximum comfort.
- User Preferences: Personal preferences vary when it comes to room temperature. Some individuals prefer a cozy warmth, while others may prefer a cooler environment. Take into account the preferences of the occupants and adjust the temperature settings accordingly to create a comfortable atmosphere.
- Energy Consumption: Higher temperature settings result in increased energy consumption. It is important to strike a balance between comfort and energy efficiency. By setting the temperature at an optimal level, you can minimize energy usage and reduce your utility bills.
Maximising Heat Output With Surface AreaTo maximise the heat output of your infrared heaters, it is important to consider the surface area they cover. Heat distribution techniques play a crucial role in ensuring efficient and effective heating. One key strategy is to strategically place the heaters in areas where heat is most needed. For example, positioning them near windows or in rooms with poor insulation can help counteract heat loss. Additionally, considering insulation is essential for maximising heat retention. Proper insulation can prevent heat from escaping and ensure that the generated warmth is effectively utilised. Reflective surfaces can also enhance heat output by directing the infrared rays towards desired areas. Placing reflective panels or materials behind infrared panel heaters can help redirect the heat towards the room, rather than allowing it to be absorbed by surrounding walls. Lastly, optimising efficiency through thermostat settings is crucial. Adjusting the thermostat to maintain a consistent and comfortable temperature can prevent unnecessary energy usage and maximise the heat output. By employing these heat distribution techniques, panel placement strategies, insulation considerations, using reflective surfaces, and optimising thermostat settings, you can maximise the heat output of your infrared heaters.
Determining Power Requirements for Infrared HeatersDetermining the power requirements for your infrared heaters is essential for ensuring efficient and effective heating in your space. To help you make an informed decision, here are three key factors to consider:
- Calculating Efficiency: Before determining the power requirements, it is important to assess the efficiency of the infrared heaters. This can be done by analysing their heat output in relation to the power consumed. Look for heaters that offer high radiant efficiency to maximise energy savings.
- Determining Size: The size of the space you want to heat plays a crucial role in determining the power requirements. Measure the dimensions of the room and consider factors such as insulation, ceiling height, and the number of windows. This information will help you determine the appropriate wattage needed to achieve the desired temperature.
- Power Consumption Analysis: Conduct a power consumption analysis to estimate the amount of energy the heaters will consume. This analysis takes into account the wattage of the heaters and the duration of operation. It will help you understand the impact on your energy bills and make more informed decisions.
Benefits of Infrared Heating for Allergy SufferersInfrared heating offers numerous benefits for individuals who suffer from allergies. These heaters not only provide warmth but also contribute to improving indoor air quality, reducing respiratory symptoms, and minimising the growth of mould, mildew, and dust mites. Benefits of Infrared Heating for Allergy Sufferers:
- Air purification
- Reducing respiratory symptoms
- Improving indoor air quality
- Reducing mould and mildew growth
- Reducing dust mites
Infrared Heating for Cold Spot EliminationIncorporating infrared heating technology can effectively eliminate cold spots in your indoor space. Here are three reasons why infrared heat units are a great solution for cold spot elimination:
- Efficient Home Heating: Infrared heaters use radiant heat to warm objects and people directly, rather than wasting energy heating the air. This targeted heating ensures that every corner of your space receives warmth, eliminating cold spots and providing consistent comfort throughout the room.
- Cold Spot Solutions: Traditional heating systems often struggle to evenly distribute heat, resulting in cold spots in certain areas of the room. Infrared, on the other hand, emits heat evenly across their surface, ensuring that every inch of your space receives the same level of warmth. This eliminates cold spots and creates a cozy and comfortable environment.
- Easy Installation: Installing infrared heaters is a simple and hassle-free process. They can be mounted on walls or ceilings, allowing for flexible placement options. Additionally, they do not require any ventilation or ductwork, making the installation process quick and cost-effective.
Noise-Free Operation of Infrared Panel HeatersTo ensure a quiet and peaceful environment, infrared heaters operate silently, making them an excellent choice for heating your indoor space. Unlike traditional heating systems that rely on noisy fans or pumps, infrared heaters provide a noiseless performance, allowing you to enjoy a serene atmosphere without any disturbances. The silent operation of infrared heaters is achieved through their innovative design. These heaters use radiant heat to warm up objects and people directly, rather than heating the air around them. This eliminates the need for noisy fans or blowers to circulate the warm air, resulting in a soundless heating experience. In addition to their silent operation, infrared heaters also offer noise reduction benefits. By directly heating objects and people, they minimise air movement and prevent the circulation of dust particles, which can contribute to allergies and respiratory issues. This not only creates a quieter environment but also promotes better indoor air quality, allowing you to enjoy a healthier and more comfortable living space. Furthermore, the quiet heating provided by infrared heaters is not only beneficial for residential settings but also for commercial spaces, such as offices, classrooms, or hospitals. Their noiseless performance ensures that they won’t disturb concentration or interfere with patient recovery.
Maintenance Tips for Infrared HeatersFor optimal performance and longevity of your infrared heaters, regular maintenance is essential. Here are some maintenance tips to help you keep your panels in top condition and extend their lifespan:
- Regular inspections: Conduct regular visual inspections to check for any signs of damage or wear. Look for cracks, loose connections, or any other issues that may affect their performance.
- Cleaning techniques: Keep your heaters clean by regularly dusting them with a soft cloth or using a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or solvents that may damage the surface of the panels.
- Troubleshooting common issues: If you notice any issues like uneven heating or a decrease in efficiency, first check the power supply and control settings. Ensure that the panels are receiving adequate power and that the thermostat is set correctly.
Longevity and Durability of Infrared HeatersRegular maintenance is crucial for ensuring the longevity and durability of your infrared heaters, allowing them to continue providing efficient and reliable heating in your space. By taking proper care of your heaters, you can maximise their lifespan and ensure optimal performance. One of the key factors that contribute to the increased lifespan of infrared heaters is their superior heat distribution. Unlike traditional heating systems that rely on convection, infrared heaters emit radiant heat that is evenly distributed throughout the room. This not only ensures consistent warmth but also reduces the strain on the heating elements, leading to a longer lifespan. Material quality also plays a vital role in the longevity and durability of infrared heaters. High-quality materials, such as carbon fiber or ceramic, are used in the construction of these heaters, making them resistant to wear and tear. This ensures that they can withstand regular use without compromising their performance. Furthermore, the reliability and performance of infrared heaters are enhanced by their resistance to wear. The heating elements are designed to withstand high temperatures and prolonged use, ensuring that they continue to function optimally for an extended period. To illustrate the importance of regular maintenance, refer to the table below:
|Clean the surface of the heater
|Improves heat distribution
|Check for loose connections
|Inspect for any signs of damage
|Dust the vents and grilles
Infrared Heating Guide: Explore The World Of IR Heating With Us
How one of the coolest food and entertainment hangouts in East London heat their space with our far infrared heaters
Some of the biggest challenges you can have when heating a food or entertainment space is how do you heat a space focused on where
The Best Infrared Workshop Heaters for Maximum Comfort and Efficiency Just like a master craftsman requires precision tools to deliver impeccable results on a small
Explore the energy-efficient infrared bathroom heater for consistent warmth, easy installation, health benefits, and various types. Upgrade your home today!
Is Infrared Heating Right For You
There are many health and cost benefits of using infrared heating. Infrared heaters offer comfortable levels of warmth and are highly energy efficient for the home as well as being affordable to maintain. New features on modern models also mean that IR heating is a safe option for households with pets and children. If you care about the environment, want to save money, and need to heat specific areas immediately, an infrared heating panel is your best choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Infrared heating uses infrared radiation (the same as the sun) to warm up objects and people instead of warming the air. Infrared heating isn’t harmful like ultraviolet rays and works incredibly efficiently to heat large and small spaces both indoors and out.
Most traditional heating methods use convection. Convection is the process of heating the surrounding air and circulating it around the space until it has adequately warmed up. Infrared heaters work differently. They emit heat that instantly warms you and surrounding objects up in a concentrated beam of warming light. Unlike electric radiators, you won’t be waiting for the room to warm up. Infrared heating offers immediate, convenient warmth and a host of other benefits too.
More efficiency, less energy. Infrared heaters warm rooms quickly and are much more cost-effective than conventional heating equipment. Infrared heating can reduce the risk of mould, as it warms up objects and the air — preventing condensation from forming. For those who suffer from asthma or dust allergies, IR heating doesn’t use a fan to circulate air around the room, making it a much healthier heating choice. Because they run off electricity, infrared heaters are easy to install (no pipeline needed!) and don’t get in the way of your interior design. Infrared heating solutions are certainly more cost-effective than unit heaters and low-maintenance compared to propane heating.
Let’s take a look at some alternative options to IR heaters so you can choose a heating type that will suit your space and lifestyle.
Electric Space Heaters: Electric space heaters are popular and work well for specific rooms or small areas. They have the benefit of being portable and are usually very safe. Popular types include oil-filled or fan-forced varieties. These work by heating up the air in the room and usually take some time to warm the area. For this reason, you need to turn them on ahead of time.
Baseboard Heaters: These are great for hallways and bedrooms. Easy to put in, safe, and low profile, baseboard heaters have been popular for quite some time. However, they are usually not enough to heat an entire house on their own.
Garage Heaters: These produce radiant heat and are meant to be used in areas without good insulation. Garage heaters produce large blasts of heat intended to warm big spaces. If your home is properly insulated, this isn’t the right type of heating for use indoors.
Fireplace Heaters: These add a decorative element along with heat to your living room. The pricier versions of these heaters look like real fireplaces but use electricity, making them cleaner and safer than burning wood. Oil-filled heaters work with a special oil that radiates heat into the area efficiently and safely. Every type of heating comes with its own advantages and disadvantages, so keep reading to learn why IR heaters might be better for you.
Infrared heaters work without producing any noise as there’s no fan involved; they’re only radiating light. This makes IR heaters ideal for environments where peace and quiet are paramount, like in a bedroom or office.
Infrared heaters don’t add pollutants to the room you use them in; they’re environmentally friendly. They work without fuel lines, open flames, toxic by-products, or carbon combustion. In essence, IR heaters add nothing to the environment and don’t take anything from it, either. Since these heaters only warm up specific objects and areas, they don’t waste power warming the whole room.
All space heaters offer the benefit of zone heating. This means that if you choose an infrared heater, only the areas in your home you need heated will be heated up. When you don’t heat up your whole house, your heating bill will become considerably lower. You also won’t have to preheat the room since infrared heat works right away. Some of these heaters only use 300 watts of power and almost all of the warmth created is sent out, leading to heating efficiency at an economical price.
Infrared heating can reduce your heating costs by 30-50%. Of course, how much you will save does depend on the construction of your home, ceiling height, insulation, and more. Keep in mind, also, that the efficiency you experience will also depend on the specific type of IR heater you choose. When you are trying to gauge how green an infrared heater is, think about its power source.
If you do choose to go with an infrared heater for your home, there are some factors to consider to make sure the process goes as well as possible.
Heating Safety: As mentioned, the coils inside infrared heaters get very hot. This can make them dangerous around pets and children if they are not made with the correct safety features. Thankfully, companies are starting to create most units with safety features because of their growing popularity. Many modern IR heaters come with cool cabinets protecting the heat source and even use a fan to disperse the warmth. Some models also come with auto shut-off and other safety features. Always make sure that, before you purchase a unit, it comes with features to keep you and your family safe.
The Limited Spectrum of Infrared Heating: Although zone warming is a plus for many due to its money-saving potential, it may not be what’s best for others. If you tend to move around your home a lot or live with many people, using a single IR heater might not be enough, or you may need to buy more than one. Some are strong enough to heat up a whole room, but most of these heaters work most effectively on objects close by.
They Stop Working when Switched Off: IR heaters are warm immediately after being turned on, but this means that the heat source is eliminated immediately after being turned off as well. Since you aren’t warming the air when you use an IR heater, the room will lose its warmth fast when you turn it off. Oil-filled heaters, on the other hand, can keep a room warm after you turn them off since the heated oil stays warm for some time.
Infrared heaters are more energy-efficient, so if this is a major concern for you, they could still be the ideal option despite these considerations. These days, how sustainable a product is matters a lot, and the resources of the earth need to be used responsibly. An environmentally friendly choice, such as infrared heating, offers a way to do this.
Yes, you can use infrared heaters outdoors. They have advantages like efficient heating and targeted warmth, but also have disadvantages like limited coverage area and the need for electricity.
Infrared heaters are more energy-efficient and cost-effective compared to traditional radiators. They provide the added benefit of improved health by reducing moisture and mould. Installation and maintenance are easy, and their environmental impact is minimal.
Infrared heaters are just as safe, if not safer, than other types of heating. However, it’s important to take the usual safety precautions with infrared heaters as you would with any other type of heater.
Infrared heaters are suitable for use in damp environments like bathrooms. They have high energy efficiency compared to other heating options and require proper installation and maintenance. Humidity may affect their performance, but they are durable and cost-effective in damp areas.
Infrared panel heaters operate silently, making them ideal for any environment. With their energy efficiency, easy installation, and low maintenance, they are a cost-effective heating solution. Choose from various types and designs to suit your needs.