As an institution that sees multitudes of people per day, and acts as a temporary home to the vulnerable, it is vital that hospitals are kept comfortable, and this includes the temperature. As a large building with lots of various spaces, hospital heating bills can be hefty. Hospital funding is incredibly important and decreasing the cost of heating is a great way to ensure more money is spent on the stuff that matters.
Heating solutions must be flexible, subtle and reliable. Research has shown that the cold has a negative impact on the immune system, making it harder to fend off infections. Heat has been proven to eliminate harmful germs and bacteria. Vulnerable patients who suffer from the cold are putting themselves at higher risk of catching other illnesses, and visitors to the hospital need to be confident that they are not at risk of becoming ill themselves. Plus, hardworking doctors and nurses deserves comfortable conditions for their long and stressful shifts.
Traditionally, hospitals are heated using commercial boilers which distribute heat using multiple radiators and radiant heat systems. This is an extremely expensive and inflexible mode of heating. Infrared heating panels, however, offer a much more cost and energy-efficient solution.
Benefits of using infrared heating in hospitals
- Infrared heating panels can cut down heating bills by up to 80%, meaning that NHS funding is going towards what matters.
- Heaters can be turned on and off as needed as they heat up individuals and objects in the room instantly. Therefore, unused hospital rooms are not wasting energy and money.
- Easy to install and maintenance free
- Many health benefits to infrared heating, including cardiovascular and muscular.
- In contrast to traditional heating methods that generate stuffy and unpleasant conditions, infrared heaters create fresh conditions for patients, visitors and staff.
- Our sleek and subtle heaters can be wall and ceiling mounted and are therefore great for saving space.
- Energy saving controls can be used to save energy, reducing costs.
A Safe Choice