It’s important to keep your warehouse heated to keep your employees and products at a comfortable temperature. It allows products to be kept unspoilt and provides a nice working environment where employees can complete work to the best of their ability. It can be difficult to determine where to start when it comes to finding the best way to heat your warehouse, as there are a few different options to choose from.
When it comes to heating a warehouse there are two main options – warm air heaters or infrared heaters. Warm air heating is as the name suggests; the heating system warms the air around the heater which will then warm the people and products in the surrounding area. The air is usually distributed by a fan so it can reach all areas of the warehouse.
Due to the high ceilings in warehouses, lots of power is wasted trying to heat the higher portion of the space, which is unnecessary, as most warehouse workers will spend the majority of their time on the ground. Meaning you can end up spending a fortune on keeping a warehouse warm constantly.
Radiant heating, otherwise known as infrared heating, is usually supplied by wall-mounted or suspended radiant tubes. As they are suspended or wall-mounted, they don’t take up space on the warehouse floor, so that space can be used for more important purposes. They emit heat through infrared heating panels which travels unchallenged through the air until it hits an object. The object then absorbs the heat radiation and begins to warm up.
Benefits of infrared heating in warehouses
- Easy to install and maintain
- Infrared heating panels can cut down heating bills by up to 80%.
- Infrared heating is much more energy efficient and eco-friendly than traditional heating methods.
- Can be installed in strategic places in order to keep certain areas of the space warm, such as areas which are frequently used by staff.
- Underfloor heating can be installed to produce comfortable heat from the ground up.
- Heaters can be turned off and on as needed, meaning unused areas of the space are not wasting energy and money – therefore, areas of the warehouse which are rarely used can avoid wasting energy.
- Unlike traditional heating that creates stuffy and unpleasant conditions, infrared heaters produce a fresh, comfortable atmosphere for staff.
- Instant heat, so no waiting around in the cold!
- Compact and attractive for non-disruptive appearance
A Safe Choice